What’s this all about?
Jetts Membership Hold Policy let’s you know;
Who can put their membership on hold (and who can’t!)
How long can your membership be placed on hold
How you can place your membership on hold
When can’t you place your membership on hold
Membership holds are available for…
All Freedom (direct debit) and 12 month Advance (paid in advance) memberships can be placed on hold (as long as no fees are outstanding)
A paid in advance membership for less than 12 months does not have the option to be placed on hold
For how long?
- You can place your membership on hold for a minimum of 7 days per hold period and a maximum of 12 weeks (84 days) for a 12 month period. You can place your membership on hold for any number of days (minimum of 7 and up to 84 days)
How do you do it?
- To place your membership on hold, please contact your club directly and work through the relevant steps
- Written notice must be provided 7 working days prior to the date your direct debit/ payment is due. Your membership will then be put on hold for the specified number of days starting on your next payment date. I.e. If your payment date is usually the 1st of the month, a freeze requested on 15th of the month will take effect from the 1st of the following month.
- A membership is not to be back dated
Once we’ve received your membership hold request, the Club Manager will action the hold within one business day of receiving the notification
You will receive an email confirmation of your Membership Hold within 2 business days, detailing the date that the hold will automatically be removed
If you have any outstanding fees, your membership is a paid in advance for less than 12 months or you can’t provide written notification via email or letter we may be unable to put an immediate hold on your membership
What’s this all about?
Jetts Foundation Membership let’s you know;
What we’d call a foundation membership
What’s good about being a Foundation Member
When a membership is no longer a foundation membership
So who is a Foundation member?
A Foundation member is any member who has joined a Club prior to the official opening day.
Any member that joins on the day of opening or any day after the opening day would hold a regular Club membership and therefore not have a foundation membership
What’s cool about a foundation membership?
A Foundation member is able to keep the same membership price (direct debit amounts) for the their entire (continuous) membership period
An Advance (paid in advance) membership must be renewed before it’s expiry date to stay as a Foundation Membership
Oops! Here’s how you might lose a foundation membership…
You forget to renew your Advance (paid in advance) membership before its expiry date
You transferred your Advance (paid in advance) membership to non-Member
Your Advance (paid in advance) membership is cancelled or terminated
Your Freedom (direct debit) membership is cancelled or terminated
You have outstanding fees owing on your Freedom (direct debit) membership
Your Freedom (direct debit) membership is transferred (in line with our Membership Transfer Policy)
You act in a way unsuitable, harmful or illegal way
Policy: Jetts Membership Age Policy
What’s this all about?
Jetts Membership Age Policy lets you know;
- That we value our younger Members!
- How low do we go
- What help is needed from Mum or Dad (or whoever’s in charge)
- What’s OK and off limits at the Clubs
1. Our young Members count!
1.1. We believe exercise for all ages is very important and that’s what why we have memberships for younger members! We also believe that the exercise they do needs to be safe and staffed (with a Jetts Team members at the Club) for some of our youngest Members.
2. As low as 16 years old!
2.1. Our minimum age for younger members is 16 years of age. Under 16…sorry you’ll just need to wait.
3. Help please!
3.1. If your under 18 years of age, Mum or Dad (or a legal guardian) will need to read and sign (or co-sign) a few forms with you;
- If you are 16-17 years of age these forms include; our Membership Agreement, a Parental Consent Form, a Fighting Fit Form, an Exercise Readiness Form and an Orientation Form
- If you are 16-17 years of age you will also need to complete an initial pre-exercise assessment with an Exercise Readiness Form and a Club Orientation, both with Mum or Dad observing
- If you are 16-17 years of age these forms include; our Membership Agreement, a Parental Consent Form and a Fighting Fit Form
4. What can and can’t you do
4.1. Our 16-17 year old Members have full access to all the facilities (unless there are any medical restrictions) during staffed hours (when a Jetts team member is at the Club). Your access card will give you access during non-staffed hours and you would show your card to a Jetts Team Member when you arrive at the Club each session
4.2. Our 16-17 year old members can access any Jetts Club, any time. Check out our website for Club locations and Staffed hours www.jetts.com.au/clubs
Policy: Jetts Membership Transfer Policy
What’s this all about?
Jetts Membership Transfer Policy let’s you know;
- What we’d call a membership transfer
- What paperwork needs to be done
1. So what is a membership transfer?
1.1. A membership transfer is when a current Advance (Paid-in-advance) or Freedom (direct debit) member, transfers their membership to another non-member. For an Advance membership, this would involve transferring the remainder of their membership time
2. Time for some paperwork! Here’s what’s needed…
2.1. The new member will need to complete;
- Membership Agreement Form
- A Fighting Fit Form
- A full Club Orientation and a signed Orientation Form
- And if your under 18 years of age, a Parental Consent Form and Exercise and Physical Activity Readiness Form
2.2. The member transferring their membership will complete a Membership Cancellation Form
Policy: Complaint Handling Policy
What’s this all about?
Jetts Complaint Handling Policy let’s you know;
- That we appreciate and welcome complaints (we prefer to call it feedback!). We’ll try our very best to resolve a complaint quickly and easily and use it to help to improve
- We can keep a secret
- How you can make a complaint
- How we process, recorded and track a complaint
- What to do it your still not happy
1.1. Hey, thanks for taking the time to read through our policy. You’re feedback might help us improve what we do for all our members!
2. Let’s chat!
2.1. Maybe we can resolve the issue straight away? Why not pop into your home club and chat with your Club Manager. After all, they are there to help you!
3. Confidentially speaking
3.1. Whenever possible, your details will only be known by those directly concerned with your issue. We want to make you feel as comfortable as possible in giving us feedback
4. How can you make a complaint at a club
4.1. It’s easy! Just send an email to you home club (have a look on our website, under ‘Find a Club’ if you’re not sure what the email address is www.jetts.co.uk. It will be the location followed by jetts.co.uk)
4.2. In the email, remember to confirm the following points, so we can make things right;
4.2.1. Your name, your home club, your email address and best contact number
4.2.2. What happened – the date, was anyone involved and a detailed description
4.2.3. Do you want/need this fixed? If yes, what would you suggest?
4.2.4. Do you want a reply? If yes, how (email, phone call, meeting?)
5. Here’s how we’ll look after your feedback
5.1. Once it’s received, we’ll forward your feedback onto the relevant club and club manager, who will respond in due course.
5.2. The club will assess your situation and email you a tailored response, hopefully containing details of how they can fix things within three working days (if more time is needed to look into the matter, they will let you know!)
5.3. Hopefully that all works out fine… but if not, your feedback will move up the chain of command and will be assigned to someone else who can help you. We will do all we can to resolve your complaint and record all we’ve done to do so, you can access this at any point.
5.4. Our club records will be closed once the issue has been resolved.
6. If you’re still not satisfied
6.2. The Jetts UK Support Office will send you a confirmation email, assess your situation and then hand it over to the best person to resolve it
6.3. The ‘best person’ will have a look at the situation and email you a response, within three working days (if more time is needed to look into the matter, we’ll let you know again!)
6.4. Our head office records will be closed once the issue has been resolved
6.5. If (in the very unlikely event!) we still can’t resolve your complaint, please feel free to contact your local industry body
We don’t have many restrictions, but we do take health and safety seriously. It is a condition of your membership that you understand and abide by the following club rules:
- Towels to be used on all resistance machines and floor mats.
- Weights to be replaced after use, including repositioning equipment in correct place if removed.
- 20 kg plate weights to be replaced on bottom weight tree only.
- Weight pins to be removed from all resistance machines after use.
- Fit balls and stretch mats to be stored in correct location after use.
- Water spillages either on the gym floor or in the bathroom are to be removed immediately.
- Covered shoes to be worn at all times.
- Equipment is to be shared if requested by another member.
- Cleaning station is to be used to wipe over cardio equipment.
- All personal belongings to be left in dedicated open lockers.
- Under no circumstances are non-members to be let into the facility or brought in unauthorised during unstaffed hours.
- In the event of a faulty machine please advise the Manager on duty or in the event the club is unstaffed please attach a “Out Of Shape” sign onto the machine in a clearly visible position.
- Machines are not to be used when a “Out Of Shape” sign has been placed on the machine.